By Krissy J., HerTopic.com
I don’t know what it is about citrus but I absolutely adore both the fragrance and flavor. It could be that I’m just overally excited about the Spring and Summer this year. I’m also on a quest to be a better chef and a lot of the pastries and cakes I make has citrus in them. Adding a simple zest of lemon or lime turns up the flavor in a bunch of recipes.
In a previous post I baked a lemon cake, but my most resent dessert was a citrus flavored cheesecake. I had no idea how easy it was to bake a cheesecake. After browsing through recipes online I found a simple one and added my lemony twist to it. This has to be the easiest tastiest cheese cake recipe ever. Your family will love you.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 blocks of 16 ounce cream cheese at room temperature ( you can microwave both blocks of cream cheese for 30 seconds for it to whip easily)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- a teaspoon of vanilla
- a few shakes of nutmeg and cinnamon ( optional-I add them to just about every dessert I make)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- The zest of half of a medium lemon
- A store bought graham cracker crust. ( I bought mines at the dollar store)
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until it is smoothed and there are no visible lumps of cream cheese. The blend should have a thick consistency. I’d say it takes about 30 consistent seconds to blend smoothly.
Pour the cream cheese blend into the graham cracker crust dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes…
Let it cool.
Personally, I think it taste great after leaving it in the fridge for about 2hours or so before serving it. Its strawberry season so I topped mines with fresh diced strawberries and a candle. I made it for my moms birthday.
- A Perfect for Passover Cheesecake (sweetpaprika.wordpress.com)
- If you’re going to drink out of a bottle, you might as well eat out of a glass (bakedinpretoria.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake (rgrull.wordpress.com)
- Recipe Philadelphia Style Cheesecake (notecook.com)
- Baked Blueberry Cheesecake (afternoondlite.com)
4 thoughts on “Lemon Drop Heaven”
Looks seriously good! Really like the idea of adding the cinnamon.
Yes cinnamon and nutmeg really helped give the cheesecake a boost of flavor. Everything came together nicely.
Thank you so much for featuring my cheesecake! I will definitely give yours a go, I also love citrus flavours your cheesecake looks a winner! well done! 🙂
thank you! Love your blog 🙂